TOP NEWS

Metro

World

Spiritual

10 Jun 2019

Confusion as Generator fume kills 10 wedding guests in Imo

There was a tragedy in Imo State on Monday as no fewer than ten traditional wedding guests died of fume from a generator and twenty others hospitalised.

The incident happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state.
A community source told our correspondent that the wedding guests from Anambra State decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony.

It was the fume from the generator which ran through the night until morning that killed them, our correspondent was told.

The State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, who confirmed the development to our correspondent said, “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”

The victims and survivors were taken to Ikeduru General Hospital.

PUNCH correspondent was not allowed to speak to the hospital management.

SHARE THIS NEWS USING ANY OF THE BUTTON BELOW

PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW ⬇⬇⬇

Loading...

SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US VIA EMAIL: Site Manager: tunbinext@gmail.com

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEWS UPDATE

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TWITTER FOR INSTANT NEWS UPDATE: @247NNU

CLICK HERE FOR INSTANT UPDATES ON INSTAGRAM

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 247 Nigeria News Update
Website by Tech Guardian